Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Exam
Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer Certification (June 2021)
Disclaimer: Non official content, errors and omissions excepted
Pre Exam Notes
- Kryterion Sentinel software (Windows/Mac) installation requires administrator rights
- Kyterion system check - do this at least a day before to be on the safe side
- No breaks during two hour exam
- Do the practice exam to build some confidence
- (Try and) get a good nights sleep before the exam
- The exam is multiple choice, so work out the wrong answers first!!
Post Exam Notes
- Online Kryterion exams still suck - Admin permissions for the entire machine, seriously?
- Waiting for confirmation of the exam result is now 10 days!!
- Swag continues to be "Out of stock"
- Still no feedback beyond pass/fail (Grrr!)
- 50 Questions
Google Cloud do not indicate the pass mark for the exam, but I would assume its somewhere greater than 70%.
I typically aim to be confident on 80% (i.e. 40/50) of the questions. The table below shows the spectrum of scores, but in simple terms you just need to be on the right side of 80% to be comfortable.
Depending on what type of person you are the above calculation may be of some use.
I think about the exam result in terms of how many answers I can afford to
Once you have read the exam overview, it should be clear this exam is meant to cover the majority of security product areas in GCP.
- Various Tools
If you have got this far, I havent put you off taking the exam. In which case, the material I used to get ready for the exam is listed below. Note: This is not an exhaustive list. Also try and prioritise the type of material that works best for you!
|Coursera||Course||Cloud Security with Google Cloud||4/5|
|Pluralsight||Course||Cloud Security with Google Cloud||4/5|
Best of luck!